Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Delicious Easy Butternut Squash Soup .. A Family Favorite

Today is a soup day.  You know why today is a soup day, its is because I am home alone and I love to cook during these times.  Its beautiful and sunny outside but not very warm at all.  Everyone around me seems to be sick so I feel like soup is the perfect thing to make them feel better and the perfect thing to do on a chilly winter day.

 I also love to bake during these times, my family loves to eat what I make and I find great satisfaction when they enjoy it even though I only get to watch because I am a suger free, gluten free kind of gal and I have come to terms with it.

My grandkids love my baking, will try my soup but I am pretty sure they consist on cereal right now.  We get four or five boxes in at a time and the milk doesn't even to stay in the fridge long enough to be cold it flies in the cereal bowl so fast, but thats okay because every once in awhile I make something they love and they appreciate it (kinda).




Butternut Squash Soup

2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
1 carrot chopped
2 medium potatoes cubed
1 medium butternut  cubed
 1  32  ounce container of chicken stock

Brown all ingredients in butter except broth for about 5 minutes then pour just enough broth over the vegetables to cover them. Bring to a boil then lower heat cover and cook for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Carefully transfer to a blender in small amounts and puree till all are blended. Put back into pan and add the rest of the chicken broth and heat up. Eat and enjoy with a thick slice of bread and butter or not.

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment