Monday, February 2, 2015

The Creation of Something Adorable.... Puff Cats

Do you ever have those days where you just aren't feeling up to snuff.  You caught a bug but it didn't wipe you out, just made you feel a little shitty.  Well that was me last week.  I didn't feel awful enough to stay in bed but not motivated enough to go to the studio.
So after nursing a cup of pine needle tea and honey and watching a movie I decided I had to be productive so I pulled out my travel art kit and spread my supplies out on the dining room table.

Well, that is where the magic began.  Who says you can't be productive when you don't feel well.  I started painting cats because my "Big Lou" had come in for a visit and insisted he had to sit next to me.  The first attempt at a cat wasn't pretty.  It was okay but not the cute, fun, happy look I was looking for.  So I tried again and came up with this.
This cute color of fur and his ball of yarn  I thought he was adorable so I put him out for the world to see (which means I shared on Instagram) and he was a big hit. I was so excited about my positive response that I came up with another idea.
Well, when the ideas start rolling it is hard to stop.  So I spent the next few days painting cats.  I am having so much fun and I even turned them into a digital card product for our Etsy shop.  

My mom and son helped me name them "Puff Cats" and now my son suggest I put them on products.  We shall see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment