Monday, December 8, 2014

Delicious Russian Tea Cakes from Betty Crocker ... The kind you just don't want to share.

I love the holidays and I love holidays cookies.  Every year I think that I'm going to be good and not eat so many but that is just not true.  They are beautiful, tasty and really someones feelings could get hurt if you didn't eat their cookies.  In fact I like to think I am doing mankind a favor but eating delicious holiday cookies.

Well one of my favorite cookies is Russian Tea Cakes.  It seems they only pop up around the holidays and when I eat one it is like a party just happened in my mouth.  They are almost so good that I want to grab the plate, smack away other peoples hands and horde them in my room.  Which by the way I don't do but it does cross my mind.  Well this week Mom made some for me and I am assuming for the rest of the family and they were so tasty.  She got the recipe from bettycrocker.com but we have included here too.  I give it 10 out of 5 stars.  Yup they were that good.





Betty Crocker.com

Russian Tea cakes

1 cup butter or margarine softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4  cups flour
3/4 cups finely chopped nuts I used  walnuts ground up
1/4 teaspoon salt

More powdered sugar for rolling cookies in

Heat oven to 400 degrees

Mix butter, powdered sugar,and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Stir in flour, nut, and salt until
dough holds together.

Shape into about 1 inch balls and put on ungreased cookie sheet about one inch apart.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes  do not let brown.  Remove from cookie sheet and put on cookie rack to cool slightly. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar and let cool then roll in powdered sugar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment